Approach 1 (Using a shortcut)
- Right click in an empty area on your desktop, point to New and click shortcut.
- In the Create Shortcut dialog box, copy the following into Type the location of the item text box:
rundll32 user32.dll LockWorkStation.
- Click Next.
- In Type a name for this shortcut, type LOCK (Your convenient name) and Click Finish.
- Now just Double click on that icon each time you want to lock your computer
Approach 2 (Ctrl-Alt-Del)
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Click on Lock Computer in the dialog box (resulting screen in case of Windows 7).
Approach 3 (My Favorite Approach)
- Press Windows + L
Locking a computer is as simple as that :-)
Take a look at the other Tips and Tricks in this Series on Tips, Tricks, Techniques, and Shortcuts to Improve Productivity, and Design and Coding Skills.