Tips ‘N’ Tricks – Windows – Quickest Way to Lock your Computer
Approach 1 (Using a shortcut)
- Right click in an empty area on your desktop, point to New and click shortcut.
- In the Create Shortcut dialog box, copy the following into Type the location of the item text box:
rundll32 user32.dll LockWorkStation.
- Click Next.
- In Type a name for this shortcut, type LOCK (Your convenient name) and Click Finish.
- Now just Double click on that icon each time you want to lock your computer
Approach 2 (Ctrl-Alt-Del)
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Click on Lock Computer in the dialog box (resulting screen in case of Windows 7).
Approach 3 (My Favorite Approach)
- Press Windows + L
Locking a computer is as simple as that 🙂
Take a look at the other Tips and Tricks in this Series on Tips, Tricks, Techniques, and Shortcuts to Improve Productivity, and Design and Coding Skills.
Posted on May 16, 2012, in Computers, Keyboard Shortcuts, Shortcuts, Tips 'N' Tricks, Windows, Windows Shortcuts, Windows Tips and tagged Control-Alt-Delete, Keyboard Shortcuts, Microsoft Windows, Shortcuts, Tips, Tips and Tricks, Tricks, Windows. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.