Book on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services BISM Tabular Model from Microsoft Press is Released
One of the major enhancements in SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services has been the BISM Tabular Model and for everyone working on it, it is important to understand the in and out of the feature. As always, Microsoft has released a book titled “Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Analysis Services: The BISM Tabular Model” on the very same subject. In fact, Microsoft Press does a really good job in bringing out such high quality content to the community. Here are the details about the book.
This book has been authored by 3 SSAS Experts – Marco Russo, Alberto Ferrari, and Chris Webb.
Here is what the book contains:
- Chapter 1: Introducing the Tabular Model
- Chapter 2: Getting Started with the Tabular Model
- Chapter 3: Loading Data Inside Tabular
- Chapter 4: DAX Basics
- Chapter 5: Understanding Evaluation Context
- Chapter 6: Querying Tabular
- Chapter 7: DAX Advanced
- Chapter 8: Understanding Time Intelligence in DAX
- Chapter 9: Understanding xVelocity and DirectQuery
- Chapter 10: Building Hierarchies
- Chapter 11: Data Modeling in Tabular
- Chapter 12: Using Advanced Tabular Relationships
- Chapter 13: The Tabular Presentation Layer
- Chapter 14: Tabular and PowerPivot
- Chapter 15: Security
- Chapter 17: Tabular Deployment
- Chapter 18: Optimizations and Monitoring
- Appendix: DAX Functions Reference
For more information, take a look at the Microsoft Learning website: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Analysis Services: The BISM Tabular Model
In my experience, whether it’s this book or any other book from Microsoft Press, they are simply superb!!
To know more about other suggested books on SQL Server BI, take a look at Suggestions on Books for Learning SQL Server Business Intelligence.
Posted on August 1, 2012, in Books, Learning Resources, SQL Server, SQL Server 2012, SSAS and tagged BISM, Learning Resources, MSBI, SQL Server, SQL Server 2012, SSAS, Tabular Model. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.