Big Data Basics
Big Data has been a buzz word for quite sometime and as many others in the industry, I have also been catching up on this latest technology and did a session on Big Data in January this year to a technical group within my organization. Ever since I did the presentation, I wanted to write-up a series of posts to explain the basics of Big Data in my words, but due to busy schedule, could not really write it.
Finally, on public demand, I have started working on a series of posts and here comes the series on Big Data Basics. I will be posting a series of posts in the coming weeks and will add a link to those posts here. Till then, stay tuned!
- Big Data Basics – Part 1 – Introduction to Big Data
- Big Data Basics – Part 2 – Overview of Big Data Architecture
- Big Data Basics – Part 3 – Overview of Hadoop
- Big Data Basics – Part 4 – Introduction to HDFS
- Big Data Basics – Part 5 – Introduction to MapReduce
- Big Data Basics – Part 6 – Related Apache Projects in Hadoop Ecosystem
- Big Data Basics – Part 7 – Hadoop Distributions and Resources to Get Started
Posted on November 26, 2013, in Basic Concepts, Big Data, Business Intelligence and tagged Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data, Data Warehousing, Databases, NewSQL, NoSQL. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.