Big Data Basics – Part 7 – Hadoop Distributions and Resources to Get Started
In the previous post, the 6th part of the Big Data Basics series, we saw few Related Projects in Hadoop Ecosystem, which were few popular ones among the vast Hadoop Ecosystem. In this post, we will take a look at the Hadoop Distributions available in the market, highlights of each distribution, and few pointers on how to get started with each of these distributions.
In this post, we will discuss the following aspects and distributions in brief:
- What are the Hadoop distributions?
- How are the Hadoop distributions different from one another?
- Which distribution should I choose?
- List of Hadoop Distributions
- Azure HDInsight
- Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- Links/References/Pointers on Getting Started
To continue reading, catch the full article here: Big Data Basics – Part 7 – Hadoop Distributions and Resources to Get Started.
Posted on August 25, 2014, in Basic Concepts, Big Data, Learning Resources and tagged Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data, Data Warehousing, Hadoop, HDInsight, Learning Resources. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.