Useful Tools & Utilities
Following are some of the tools which I found useful and pretty handy.
Query Formatting Tools
- Instant SQL Formatter – T-SQL Formatter
- T-SQL Tidy – T-SQL Formatter
- Format SQL – T-SQL Formatter (from RedGate)
- MDX Studio Online – MDX Formatter/Parser/Analyzer
Data Generation Tools
- GENERATEDATA.COM – Test Data Generator
- BIDS Helper – BIDS Helper is a powerful add-in for Visual Studio containing a rich set of features which enhance the BI Development Process in SQL Server (SQL Server BIDS 2005/2008/2008 R2 & SQL Server 2012 Data Tools [SSDT]).
SQL Live Monitor – SQL Live Monitor is a stand-alone .NET application which provides real-time performance data about an instance of SQL Server. It’s a great tool and provides a lot of valuable information about any instance of SQL Server thereby helping you View/Monitor performance and to help you identify the performance bottlenecks on the SQL Server instance (SQL Server 2000/2005/2008).
SQL Load Generator – SQL Load Generator is used to Generate Load on an instance of SQL Server by firing multiple queries against the instance concurrently.
Eye on SQL (EOS) – Load Test – EOS is a Load/Stress Test Tool for SQL Server and is a good fit for simple scenarios and perform first level of Load/Stress Testing. It allows us to fire multiple queries against SQL Server so as to put Load/Stress on SQL Server.
- FLOWCHART.COM – Online Flowchart Creation
- PASTEBIN.COM – For Easy Code Sharing
- Label Generator – For generating Big Labels using Alphabets, Special Characters etc.
- XML Validator – For validating XML